Thursday, October 1, 2009

Etched Metal House Rear Door

Yeha the back door is also done now.I've made this door a screen door.Trapped within the patina treated copper mesh is a vintage man image.The handle is another vintage coat button from my Aunt Betty.The brass charm holds a faux tin type and under the beveled plastic is the word "waiting".

Under the door there is brass mesh,another faux tin type and more dictionary words

At the back is a metal etched young lady.The words from the stamp didn't etch well so I stamped them again on tissue and added them later.They say "she mailed a letter the other day".I've tied on an old pen nib for her to write with.My dictionary letters from front to back read "waiting beyond this back screen for her love letters"

OH my goshie now I have to see if I can assemble it all to be an actual 3D house.Not sure whether to solder the joins or do some fixed hinge thing...off to play with it and see what goes :o)
hugs
Annette In Oz

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, Annette, this just keeps getting better and better! Just amazing!!

Christina said...

Ohhh...good luck with the assembling of the whole!! The only thing I've come close to is a gingerbread house and that was tricky enough!!

Cathy Daulman said...

I would kill for taht etched house....! Please put me in the draw.

Lots of love
Cath (Daulman)

Julie Pishny said...

Annette these are really wonderful - thank you for sharing. xo - Julie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...