Saturday, September 26, 2009

Etched Metal House Front Door

Darn life gets in the way at times but ALWAYS in amongst the mess of my life I think about art and being creative.This is proving to be a hard year for us here.Grant's Dad didn't make it and has passed away.We will miss Gordon heaps and it was a heart wrenching time for us all.Just before Grant left to go to his Mum's I started full time day shift work.I couldn't reset my body clock though after 23years of working in the evening or on night duty.It just made me tired and I had no time to do my arts and crafts that I love so much.Eventually I got sick myself and when I weighed up the pros and cons of it all I was the looser by the change.I've quit that now and go back to my old shifts in a few weeks time.I'm now on ten days leave though and have a big catch up to do.Grant is back home and this am I started to play with my etched metal house again.SSSooo here is the front door

I've used a letter brass plate over the two little Collections girls.The door nob is from my stash of old coat buttons that were given to me when my Aunt Betty passed away.I love these and they are such a great idea.They have a pin like mechanism or screw so they can be taken apart and reused in other coats.This one had a lovely green shiny bit in it.I placed a glass piece over the faux tin type lady and rubbed on the word "her".I was trying to imply "her two(the small brass number 2 nail on the bird wing)girls".Next is the door open

I lined it with a dictionary page and then covered that with brass mesh and tied on another faux tin type of two children using brass wire.The dictionary words read "behind that door".


On the back I kept it simple so as not to diminish the etching of the metal.It has dictionary words for "lives play"......"so behind that door lives play".I'll work on a window side this evening.We did a quick day trip to Litchfield Park and Grove Hill(the old gold field area up here)recently.Litchfield is not far from here and is like a mini Kakadu.There are some lovely spots down there,waterfalls,old homesteads,old graves(they fascinate me)etc so I shall load them up tonight on my blog too. :o)

hugs

Annette In Oz

8 comments:

Margaret Weiss said...

Annette, your etched metal house is amazing. I love all the bits and pieces you at attached to it. It has given me food for thought and will perhaps try to make one of those when I am next etching. What are you planning on doing with it? Mount on canvas? I am also glad you are back to your crafts after having such a tough year with all your personal issues. xxmargaret
http://margaretweiss.blogspot.com

Christina said...

Sorry to hear you have been having a tough time of late Annette, but thank you for taking the time to share your creativity - beautiful work! Hope you find time to adjust and get more play time!

Celeste said...

Gosh ANnette, this is really lovely and special. I love your metal house immensely. Oh, how I wish for a closer look. So sorry to hear of Grant's fathers' passing. Please pass on my condolences. Hope you find more creative time while off work.

Stacey said...

Sorry to hear of the death in your family. I really relate to your first sentence, time just flies by. Your house is lovely!

Lucy said...

Pleased you are going back to your 'normal' shift Annette.
Your house is looking amazing, love the door!!
Hugs Lucy

Rockin Robin Caldwell said...

Oh Annette...I'm so glad that you are getting back to your old shifts. Being a daytime RN myself, I know how hard that shift can be. I have considered going to "the graveyard shift" as it is a little "easier" in reference to the workload. But, I don't know that I could reset my body's clock to that shift. Sorry to hear about your dear FIL. I sure hope life gets back to "normal" for you soon. Enjoy your 10 day leave, and I hope this time allows you to "fill yourself up" with what you need. I love to pop in from time to time to see what you are up to artistically. Hugs...Rockin Robin

Cory said...

Hi Annette...my condolence to you and your family.
Thank you for the sweet note you posted to my blog.
Keep checking my etsy shop to see what I have been doing with those jeans. Wish you were coming in Oct. would love to meet you.

Take care, sorry for writing you here, I don't have your email addy.

marlyn said...

Annette:

If Dorothy had been in THIS house, she would have never needed to go to OZ. It's so magical that she could have just whisked her way back to Kansas.
Marlyn

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...