Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Lesson Six...Adding Definition With Crayons


Nearly there...I have just done lesson six using Caran D'ache water colour crayons to add definition.The heat had me again here as they did not act like they do for the teacher....virtually as soon as I applied it it was dry.Paulette could blend the still damp crayons after application but I could NOT.I tried over and over and they just dried way too fast.The only way to get around it for me was to WET the applicator first.So I have put lesson six at the bottom and lesson five at the top for you to see the difference.I'm not sure I like it with the crayons BUT I do keep reminding myself this is my first ever try at painting and heck I am doing OK!!!


5 comments:

Talking Horses Arts said...

Yes you are!!!! It looks great!
Here things don't dry because its cold and wet..lol
Andrea.

Gretz said...

Hey Annette, if it's any consolation, DJ had to make a few adjustments to her instructions in our class as the Golden paints behave differently here than they do in her home State!

'Your' face looks GREAT!

Brenda said...

Fantastic Annette. Those crayons are tricky aren't they, but once you get used to how to use them in your climate, you'll be right. My first painting was a nightmare for me using them too, they kept drying out as well. You have done a fantastic job.

Eliza said...

You have done a fantastic job painting with the crayons, they are tricky sometimes, once you work them out they will be your best friend.

Hugs Eliza

Zeborah Loray said...

Maybe I could paint a face if I gave it a try....
Why are paints so scary? I use them to add color to 3-D stuff all the time. I play with them for background stuff and even do some abstract stuff now. I just can't seem to bring myself to try to do anything representational with them. *sigh*
I love to draw- but going that next step to painting is just scary....

Thanks for posting your progress. I love what you've done.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...